Friday, June 17, 2016

Inspiration From One of my Favorite Stampers and a Rainbow Challenge!

Created by Michele Kovack
Do you have a morning routine?
I do. ;)
I feed my pups, make my coffee, and sit down in front of my computer and peruse through my list of favorite stampy blogs. It is such a great relaxing start to my day, and also a great way to get inspired.  Recently, I fell in love with THIS card from one of my stamping idols, Laura Bassen.  I love everything she creates! Her videos crack me up because she has such a great sense of humor! (I appreciate people with a sense of humor!) I don't case too many cards, but decided to try my hand at a card similar to hers.
Created by Michele Kovack
I stamped the rows of butterflies using a Stampendous stamp and my Mini Misti.  It was embossed in white and colored in a somewhat loosely translated rainbow color pattern.  I splattered the background with white and black water colors for a bit of interest.  I added a sentiment from JustRite cut on white foam.  I added sparkly Stickles to it.  The sentiment was stamped on black and embossed on white. I added it to the front panel along with a few sequins. 
Created by Michele Kovack
I know my posts have still been a bit sparse, but summer has been so busy with baseball games, golf, graduation parties etc.  :)  
Life is good.
I truly appreciate you stopping by my little blog!
Have a wonderful day my friends!



5 comments:

TK said...

Truly beautiful! Your card is beautiful with the watercoloring, and those gorgeous flowers! Yes, Laura is truly a sweetheart (don't know her, it just feels like you do through her blog)!

Teresa Doyle said...

Hi Michele, my morning routine is similar to yours with the exception of the days I watch my 2 young gandson's and that's the way I like it! LOL
Your card is beautiful,I had to pin it! I love Laura Bassen too and I "get" her wonderful sense of humour!

Carol H. said...

Coffee, iPad, and favorite blogs is the way to start the day! I love your card with the pretty colors and splatters!

HJ said...

Stunning card, Michele. I love the rainbow colored butterflies and the font of the sentiment. So pretty! Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

Your beautiful work of art has truly inspired me. I'm going to try my hand at embossing...Have an awesome day!