Friday, July 25, 2014

Unusual Color Scheme

With me being home this summer, I find myself on Pinterest a lot lately.  Too much I think!  But it is amazing how the images just suck you in for hours! I love the photography part of it and find it fascinating.  I stumbled across this image and thought the outfit was darling, but what struck me was the colors. I loved the pops of green.
Then I found this image with the same color scheme.....unusual for a wedding but quite lovely.
I decided that these colors were a pretty cool combination and why not make a card using them?  I tend to get stuck in my vintage hues....soft pinks, blues, cream etc.  Which I love, but from time to time it is liberating to go outside of your comfort zone.
I had this cute shadowbox cut from the Silhouette Store.  And since I am a nut over glitter decided I would do each layer in a different color of glitter. Each layer was adhered using dimensional foam tape.  (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam tape to be exact!) ;)
The yellow and black papers are by Doodlebug.  
The sentiment is by SRM Stickers. 
The yellow flower was in my "leftovers" tray that were rejects from another project.  It worked perfectly here.  I added a few cream plastic flowers and a bit of string to tie it all together. 
I am off to a pool party today and hopefully a little golf with the big guy this weekend.
Summer is zipping by and I want to make sure I make the most of the days I have left!
Have a great weekend my friends!


3 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Unusual colours for me too but they look fabulous together. Wonderful card!

~amy~ said...

LOVE!

I definitely have a thing with green...try to wear it/buy it as much as possible. I can't wear yellow but it makes me so happy to see it in crafting.

mary said...

Hi,
This reminded me of one of our 'Friday Girl" card challenges. We would do two cards the same in whatever genre was decided! One card to keep and one card put in a drawing for the others! There used to be six of us. Now 6 years later there are only 3. We did have a yellow and green challenge! Such fun!