Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Follow Your Heart....

Chicago is back in a deep freeze, and I have to say, I am totally over this winter!  I normally like the coziness of the season.  But honestly, I am ready for more sunshine, warmer temps, flinging the windows open, and getting outside without having to bundle up where the only thing you see are eyeballs!

So I am trying to stay positive and think spring!  I used a Heidi Swapp stencil to create my background.  I used embossing paste and let it dry.  Once it was dry I puffed it up with my heat gun.  I put the stencil back in place and gave it some color with my Copics and airbrush system.  
The leaves are from Silhouette and were cut using vellum.I added pearls to each leaf.
I added a sentiment from SRM stickers, a bit of twine, also from SRM.  I added a few gems, an acrylic flower, and a couple of  circles to "ground" my sentiment. 
Cortney has her last cheer leading game tonight.   In a few weeks she will have her awards ceremony and the season will officially be over.  
I am heading to the kitchen to finish our dinner.....a Spanish Tortilla. Hopefully it doesn't end up in the garbage! ;)

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE that background!!

Linda said...

This is stunning, Michelle!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Pretty card! I left a comment for you on your last post re: modeling.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is just so dreamy and beautiful, Michele! Love the artistry!

Birgit said...

Lovely spring colors! I too am so ready for spring to arrive. Your soft card makes me happy!

Sparky said...

Very springy and softly colored, this card is beautiful! Thanks for a quick trip away from winter, Michelle!
~Kris~