Tuesday, January 7, 2014

JustRite's January Release-Butterfly Vines Background Stamp!

Good morning! I have another "cold" day off from school...so I am going to make the most of it!  I have cookies to bake with Cort, crafting to do, and a pot of chili to make.  
It is also the last day of JustRite's January release. 
Today's set is a gorgeous Butterfly Vines background stamp. I love anything that has to do with butterflies!
I stamped it in Versamark and heat embossed it in white.  I used my Tim Holtz Distress markers to give the "open" areas shades of pink. I used some texture paste and a Heidi Swapp stencil to create a textured, yet subtle background. 
I used the sentiment from an earlier released set called, Butterfly Kisses. I used the same technique as the background, Versamark, white embossing powder, and Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I cut it out and overlapped it with a strip of white cardstock.  Ribbon was tied vertically, a double bow was made, and an acrylic flower adhered to its center.  I added a felt stick pin I had made awhile ago.  
Here are the two sets I used to make my card. :)
JustRite is starting its Tutorial Tuesdays and I hope you can hop on over to their blog to see today's video!  
Have a wonderful Tuesday! And as always, stay warm! 




3 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

cdm317 said...

That is stunning!

reeree62 said...

LOVE this one, Michele!!!