Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Another Year Older.......

Yep. It's true.  I am one year older today.
I am wiser I suppose with each year that passes. 
I appreciate more now than I have ever in the past.  Time is precious. People are precious.
Little things ARE the big things in life. 
I have come to the realization that my imperfect life IS perfect. It's mine and I'm so blessed because of it.
This hobby has been a savior for me. I am so thankful to have all of you. I can't tell you how much it means to me when you leave sweet comments and e-mails about my kids. Often that is the "picker-upper" I needed that day. :)
Life's curve balls have made me who I am. 
The forty something wife, teacher, mama, friend, neighbor, daughter, sister, crafter, photographer......
:)


Since I know you didn't come here to listen to me become melancholy, I DO actually have a card to share with you.  The main image is by Crafty Secret's Digital Flower Garden. I colored it using my Inktense Pencils.  
The back panel was a bit of an experiment.  I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and my Inktense to trace around the circles.  I added a bit of water to "fill in" each circle.  It gave the green panel a bit of character and interest I think.  The rustic green paper is by Paperloft.  I added a few vintage buttons and a bit of trim to finish it off. 
I am off to work today!
Have a great day my friends!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Sonya said...

Have a wonderful birthday--you're one talented lady!

~amy~ said...

super big birthday wishes!

Life and Knits said...

Happy Birthday Michele!! Hope you have a fabulous day with many more fabulous days to come.

Beautiful card.

Susie

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful card...sending Birthday Wishes your way!!

Cocoa's Mom said...

Hope your day is FABULOUS! Best Birthday wishes. :) Christine

Sassy Scrapper said...

Birthday Hugs! Have a Blessed Birthday.

Melissa said...

Great picture bitrthday girl! It is always a treat to visit your blog. Beautiful card-

Bonjourscrap said...

Happy Birthday ! Wish you scrappy things and love.

Glennis F said...

Have a happy birthday

char52 said...

Happy Birthday!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Happy Birthday Michele
Blessings, Sharon

Regina said...

Happy Birthday Michele. Hope you had a wonderful day full of fun! Love the card too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Love the card, too.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Michele, this is stunning. I love the stenciled background. It adds so much interest and depth. And the way you echoed that part of the card with the buttons is design genius. You color so beautifully....love that image. What a treat! Happy Birthday again! xoxo

Darlene said...

Oh my friend your card is BEAUTIFUL ... but not nearly as beautiful as you are! You have been such a wonderful, supportive long distance friend and I love you dearly!
Hope your birthday was fabulous and you have many, many more!
BLESS YOU Michele! God Love Ya!
Your friend in Ohio!