Monday, August 5, 2013

Crafty Secret's Design Team Challenge, Linky Party, and Tutorial!

Good morning!  Today is Crafty Secret's design team challenge and linky party! 
I have a mini tutorial also to share with you. 
I created this fun garden boot card from the Garden Style Digital collection using Photoshop.  I will show you how to "color" it in using your computer.  I even changed the boot itself from black to brown. ;)
I also added some Shrinky Dink Charms.
And a flower using a digital paper and my Spellbinder's die

I use Photoshop Elements 11.  You can open up multiple files, like I did here.  I opened the designer paper and simply clicked and dragged the boots right on top of it.  You can size it as large as you want. 
I clicked the eye dropper tool to "select" the pink color of the designer paper to fill in some of the flowers.  Then click the bucket and fill it in. 
You can also select colors by clicking on the color box in the lower left hand box, and you will get a zillion color choices.  Just use your eye dropper to select the color you desire. And once again fill in the areas you want to color. 
One word of advice, be sure the area you are filling in is completely closed in, or the fill bucket will fill outside of the desired area.  If you have an area that is not closed, simply click on your pencil and draw the line closed.  I usually zoom in really close, so I can see what I am doing.  
Here is what it looked like when I printed it.  (8x10)  I hand cut it, scored it down the middle, and my card was created!
Be sure to visit the rest of the design team to see their beautiful creations!

15 comments:

Cynthia said...

Great project, Michele! Thanks for the great tutorial.

Vicki Chrisman said...

That turned out so cute Michele! Love it!

Mickie said...

So cute and you make it look so easy!

Rea' said...

Happy Monday ! What a cute card, you make it look so easy too !!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

These boots are so stinkin' cute! The little bird's nest made my heart melt/! Darling!

Elizabeth said...

These boots are obviously not "made for Walkin", they are way too cute as a flower holder. This and the gloves are my favourite two images. Beautifully done.
Cheers, Elizabeth

Ann said...

Super cute and love the addition of the nest.

Sheila Rumney said...

Love how you used the stamp over the pattern paper!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! So beautiful Michele!! Gorgeous!!

hugs...

Pam said...

This is beautiful! Love the darling birds eggs in the flower!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Kathy Bradley said...

So very adorable - big smiles!!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

You boot looks so cool and I love your idea to add the Shrinky Dink Charms! I just posted this on our Pintrest Tutorial Board

Thanks for a great tutorial
Sandy

Debbie K. said...

Adorable, Michele! Thanks for the tutorial. BTW, love your cute new haircut:)

Nancy Penir said...

How cute and clever is this! Perfect for the gardening lover. Thanks for the tutorial. Love your blog btw!

Marcy said...

Darling shaped card, Michele! Excellent tutorial too.