Friday, August 9, 2013

A Little Birdie Told Me......

I am truly addicted to purchasing cuts from the Silhouette Store!  I love finding cute little boxes and such. I created this little guy for absolutely no reason at all. Just because.  He's so cute I want to just pinch his cheeks! 
(Yes, I do realize birds don't have cheeks, I was speaking metaphorically) 
;)
This cardinal is a box.  The top half rests inside the bottom half.  And of course I forgot to take a picture of it apart, so you'll have to trust me on this one!
It is perfect for little trinkets or candy to brighten someone's day.  
I added glossy accents to his eyes and a bit of string to his wing.  
I just adore his 3 dimensional beak!  
Hubby and I are in our once a month golf league tonight, in which I like dressing like a golfer rather than play like one! LOL! 
We are heading to the mall this weekend to do some back to school shopping for the kids, both have literally outgrown everything they own. 
Kyle's been "waiting for the flood" for the past month and I keep telling Cortney to "suck it in" when I button her pants. ;)

Have a great weekend my friends!

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

okay, cuteness overload!!!

Jingle said...

ACK! Absolutely ADORBS!

DIANA L. said...

YOur bird is beautiful!! Have a great weekend
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the SIL store. I have this little bird on my wishlist. I love it in red. Totally adorable.
Don't you just love their 3d cuts?

Dorlene Durham said...

This bird is adorable! As always, your projects are wonderful and inspirational!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome box. Great shape and pretty colors. Very creative.

Tracey said...

Super cute....very sweet creation!

Jen W. said...

Oh my gosh - that cardinal box is adorable!! Love it!