Friday, July 5, 2013

Garden Peas

I hope you all had a great Fourth of July!  Our plans changed a bit yesterday due to Cortney not feeling up to par. But we did manage to swim a bit in our pool at home and have a BBQ.  It was a quiet, uneventful day, but a good one. 
I have a garden peas card to share with you.  I figured since I had already made a  "lettuce" card, why not make a card about peas? ;)
I again used my Inktense pencils to give my peas their vibrant green color.  I added touches of yellow for highlights and a bit of black to create shadows and depth. 
I cut out the peas by hand, and once again added a bit of gold Stickles for a bit of sparkle. I also added black waxy twine to create tendrils for my peas.  And as a final finishing touch, I threw a few sequins on for fun!
Some of you inquired about my new camera.  Well, I had intended getting a super duper expensive NikonD3, but ended up with a lesser expensive NikonD7000.  I was upgrading from a NikonD40.  It had been a good camera for the last 7 years, but getting to be unreliable.  I was having issues with focusing.  For awhile I didn't know if it was me or the camera.  Turns out it was the camera! 
I am loving this new camera and am taking pictures of anything I can.  The dogs seem to be the easiest to photograph....but then there is my dear Cortney.  She is a pretty willing participant most of the time!
Here's a few more....just playing around!

And this one seriously cracks me up!  She has the cutest expressions ever!
I am heading to Wisconsin to see my niece and nephew....and I can't wait to use my camera on 'em! ;)
New subjects! YAY!
Have a great weekend!!


7 comments:

Migdalia said...

Very Beautiful!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog) ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Teresa Zuehls said...

Beautiful card!I love the waxy twine which I will have to check out. I have never heard of it but it looks amazing as tendrils on your card. Enjoyed you beautiful photos and have a wonderful time in WI. My husband is from Green Bay.

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute card, love the ribbon and sequins!! Great pics too!

Pat N. said...

Great card, and such beautiful photos!

Darlene said...

This card is FABULOUS ... LOVE the dimension you've given it!! What fun! Hope Courtney is feeling better today and your new photographs are AMAZING! Courtney is growing into such a beautiful young lady ... VERY photogenic!
Wishing you a wonderful, fun filled weekend!!
HUGS from OHIO!

Anonymous said...

Love the card. You make peas elegant. Great coloring. Love the pics. Have fun.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx