Wednesday, February 6, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

That saying is so true isn't it?  I have been fortunate enough to live in the same house now for the past 21 years.  It was the house my husband and I purchased right before getting married, fresh out of college.  It is the place where our babies were born, our memories are created, where we laugh, dance and act crazy, and shed those occasional tears.  For me, my house is my safe haven, my refuge from the outside. 

I created this house shaped card for Cricut Magazine about a year and a half ago.  I can't even remember which issue it was.  I do know that I used Kate's ABC's.  I added lots of details.....glitter, flowers, ribbon, a tag, and 3D flower boxes. 
It would be a perfect card for a new home buyer.  It is such a monumental event, why not celebrate it?
Cortney and I are off to the doctor's again today.  My poor dolly has been in pain again, and she had many tears last night.  I am not sure what solutions the doctor can offer us, but I am hoping he has something.  She missed cheer leading last night, and she was so upset not to see her friends.  
It breaks my heart to see her hurt.  To see her little self trapped in a body that just won't cooperate with her. I can see her anguish, her frustration. 
It is often a reminder of the long road she has traveled. The long journey ahead of her.

I am off and running this morning....
Have a great day my friends!
XOXO


11 comments:

Sis Patterson said...

It's a darling card, and I will be praying for relief for your darling girl and that she is back with her friends soon.

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful card...fingers crossed hoping your daughter feels better soon! Lee-Ann :)

Melissa said...

This is a gorgeous card. well wishes for your sweet girl. Hugs to you both-

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the dimension, especially the flower boxes. I hope the doctor can provide some help for your daughter. It's so hard as a mom to see our babies hurting. I hope she's feeling better soon. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful card. Hope Courtney gets some relief from the Drs. Prayers and good wishes for ya'll.

Jingle said...

This is just beautiful!

Betty Sue said...

What a beautiful home! I hope your Courtney gets relief and is back cheerleading soon.

Ruth G said...

Lovely colors and patterns on your card! And truer words have never been spoken - there is no place like home!
Praying for wisdom and comfort for you, your family and the doctors!

vdoyle8 said...

I hope your baby girl feels better asap! How hard that must be to see her uncomfortable and not know what to do for her. Prayers for you all!

CaroleD said...

Michele you are amazing and such an inspiration to me in so many ways! I'm keeping your sweet girl in my prayers. I bought the February issue of Cricut Magazine and well, I ended up buying six new Cricut Cartridges because of your amazing projects! You are awesome for my creative blocks but really bad for my pocketbook! ;D

CaroleD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.