Monday, January 28, 2013

Vintage.....

A few weeks ago, I went scrappin' with my girlfriends.  And I have to admit, I don't usually get much done.  I tend to be much more efficient when I scrapbook from home. But I love going anyway, for the conversation and laughs.  I did manage to color some images in the midst of my blabbing!  This was one of the images I colored.  It is the Love You Mother set by Crafty Secrets.  It was colored with Copics.  
I cut out the image using the Decorative Labels Eight dies from Spellbinders.  While the die was still on, I sponged it a bit with pink Memento ink.  It gives the card a bit of warmth. I popped each layer up to give it dimension. 
I tied my satin bow, added a glittery punched flower and pearls in coordinating colors. 
I gave the eggs a bit of sparkle with glossy accents and glitter.  
I have been fighting a cold all weekend long.  I'd like to say I woke up feeling like a million bucks....but instead feel like a dollar bill.  : (  I am going to try and muddle through the day, and hope the kids are cooperative.  
Fingers crossed. 
Have a great day my friends!
XOXO

12 comments:

Marie said...

Beautiful! I love how you colored the image and added a little sparkle to the eggs. I hope you feel better.

Sis Patterson said...

Gorgeous colors and details! And congrats on finishing the coloring while at your crop with friends. I will definitely be referring back to this one. The ribbon is stunning!!! Best wishes for the return of that million dollar feeling!

Life and Knits said...

Stunning card Michele! I'm the same way when I crop with friends. It's a huge success if I come home with one finished project. LOL!

Have a great day!

Susie

Jingle said...

This is so very pretty! The layers are just gorgeous!

Esther Asbury said...

I'm the same as far as getting more done at home than when I go away to scrap!
Beautiful card -- hope you feel better soon!

Debby said...

Beautiful images. I never got how to use the copic markers.
I like your new profile picture. You look just like your daughter. Her face is rounder but you sure look alike.
Sorry you aren't feeling well. So many are sick and just can't seem to shake it. And you can't get away from the germs being a teacher.

snappy scrappy said...

So beautiful!Lee-Ann :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

The card is stunning. Love that beautiful image.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Sorry you are not feeling well hope today is better than yesterday. Beautiful card - love all the lacy layers!

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors - gorgeous card! Hope you feel better.

Debra said...

This is just beautiful! I love the decorative labels 8. Hope you're feeling better real soon!