Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bountiful Blessings

It is that time of year that makes us reflect on our blessings in life. Life as you know isn't perfect, and it knocks the wind out of you at times, but in between those rough patches are those rays of light. My rays of light are my family, my friends, my co-workers, neighbors, and you my sweet blog readers. Your encouragement, kind words, and "cheerleading" on my behalf is incredibly heartwarming. Thank you so much for your sweet sentiments these last few days over my new DT position. I can not tell you enough how much it means to me. So yes, I count you as one of my many blessings in life. : )

My card today was in last year's November Circle Magazine. I used the Thanksgiving cartridge to create the card base at 5". I hand sewed the perimeter with orange floss. The pie was cut at 3" and I added a bit of glitter to the steam. I used a SU! punch to create the "table cloth." The sentiment was cut at 2".
I added a sweet little bow and button to the top of the pie. : )

I am still sick, and literally had no voice this past weekend except the occasional squeak! But I am finally starting to feel a bit better. I am not pushing to stay up as late and trying to rest a bit more....which means a wee bit less crafting time! ; )

Have a wonderful, blessed Tuesday! (And everyday!)

8 comments:

Tina said...

this is beautiful..lovely colors great thanksgiving card

Tina

Diane Hodrick said...

Truly gorgeous...love the shape!

Melissa said...

I can't make a "real" pie, I should try to make a paper one :)
You are right- take time to count your blessings.

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Amy Johnson said...

What a gorgeous Thanksgiving card. What you can do with a Cricut never ceases to amaze me.

Cricut Couple said...

So Beautiful! I just love everything you do!!!

Beth F. said...

What an amazing card! I love seeing your creations, but you really need to rest, relax and take care of yourself. Get well soon!

Vicki Maloney said...

This is so, so beautiful! I have to try and make one of these! I could see this as a framed piece! Can't you? Thanks for the inspiration :)