Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I have a mother's day card today that uses the Fancy Frames set by JustRite. I inked the background with my Colorbox ink and used clear embossing powder to set it. I stamped it again and cut out the middle portion by hand and popped it up on foam squares. The sentiment was stamped with Papertrey's olive and cut out with an oval Spellbinder's die. I backed it with a scalloped oval to make it stand out a bit. The flower and leaf were cut using a Papertrey flower die. I added a bit of thin thread and a pearl to finish it off. I added a few scallops here and there using my SU! scalloped border punch.
All of the papers used as well as the ribbon are by PApertrey Ink.

I am going to see my gram today. It is always a difficult and bittersweet visit as her Alzheimer's is progressing fairly rapidly now........but for now she still remembers who I am. So it is worth it when she gets a great big smile on her face when I walk through her door.


Happy Mother's Day to you all!!! I hope you have a relaxing day surrounded by loved ones!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card; love yellow and white together. I'd frame this one.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Happy Mothers Day!

Liz said...

Happy Mothers day. And beautiful card as always

Margie Higuchi said...

Happy Mom's Day, Michele!!
Beautiful card - great colors :0)

Gentle hugs to your gram...it is hard but I'm sure it's great to see her.

~amy~ said...

gorgeous gorgeous...

Cely said...

Beautiful card! I'm so afraid to use orange because it always usually comes out looking like a Halloween card. I always am in awe of people who use orange and can match colors perfectly! Need to remember that orange/yellow/white look good together. Thanks for sharing and hugs to your granny!

bbourassa said...

Just love your card.

Jingle said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!