Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is There Such a Thing as "Storm-itis?"

I know Chicago isn't alone in its wild and crazy weather lately, but I gotta tell ya.....it's putting me in complete panic mode. Within 20 minutes yesterday it went from sunny, to overcast, to 60 mph winds, rain, tornado warnings and all this happened on my drive home yesterday! I white knuckled it the whole way home! So my son, who finds my reaction quite amusing, turns to me in the car and said, "Mom, you have a condition known as Storm-itis! I think you need to take a Melatonin to calm you down!" Yep. Storm-itis. Thanks Dr. Kyle.



I have a LO to share with you of my non PhD kid. (LOL!) I took this shot of Cort right before her graduation ceremony. I was so pleased to have captured it.......it truly shows how beautiful and stunning she is. It was created for Noel Mignon's "White Space" challenge. Of course mine isn't' "white," it's pink! (always the rebel, I am!) I did some paint on the ole' toothbrush trick and a bit of Glimmer Misting. I used Noel's Object of My Affection kit. (sold out long ago).


I hope you can play along with us this week! Head over HERE to see the rest of the DT's fabulous use of "White Space!"



Off to a pool party today.......cuz yes, the sun IS shining. (for now) : )

21 comments:

Stef H said...

a beautiful page of a beautiful girl!

that weather was definitely crazy yesterday. we lost power for about 2-1/2 hrs and then the sky turned a really weird shade of pinkish-greenish-yellow! it's was very spooky.

glad all is well.

Crystal said...

AWWW Michele GORGEOUS Page....I remember this fantastic picture...How beautiful!!!

Yikes the weather has been nutty...Stormitis that is way too cute, kids say the cutest things..Hang in there hopefully it will all pass soon!!

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING Michele!!

Jingle said...

This is a beautiful page!

Heather Rogers said...

What a fab LO with that beautiful picture of your daughter. :)

Margie Higuchi said...

Beautiful layout w/ a beautiful girl! Just wonderful :)

Oh and I have that "Storm-itis" - great diagnosis (sp?)! You're not alone, Michele! I'm with you! LOL!!

Here's to a quiet day today! xo

Gabriela said...

She's stunning - breath taking actually. I wish I could meet her (and you too).

Riet said...

Wowwww Michele,So gorgeous ...

Hugs Riet.xx

Alex said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Michele, she looks gorgeous in that photo!!! I love the layout, would be great on the wall! I think the weather has been crazy for everyone this year, but so glad I have not caught stormitis, lol!!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Allison Rankin said...

A real pretty creation! Love the use of white space!

Jocelyn said...

Well then I suffer the same ITIS!!!! I hate driving in storms and I prefer that the weather not change that quickly!!!

I just adore the LO of Cort...she is stunning and it is just PERFECT!!!

Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Have a great and calm weather day!!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, what a fabulous layout! Love it!

And your DD is absolutely beautiful!! You must be so proud of her!

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely page...and got a big kick out of your storm-itis story. We are used to storm-itis here in the NW!

mary stuart said...

Cort is beautiful!
Love your layout!
always good to have a dr in the family!
will he supply you with the recommended dose?

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous page, Michele! And I totally hear you on the weather thing. We've had CRAZY weather in Pittsburgh too!

Chrissy D said...

Michelle- this is beautiful. I love the red, white and blue and the side panel.

Peet said...

wow, she is so beautiful!! Love this page!

Rose Ann said...

Absolutely gorgeous page!! I love everything about it...and especially that wonderful photo of Cortney!!

Tee said...

Love this pic of Cort...she really looks beautiful..
And the LO is fabulous...simple clean and truly awesome..

Stormitis? is that even a word? I wish it would rain in my part of the world..the summer was terrible this year..hot hot and more hot!

CreativeMish said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Michele!! Your daughter is so pretty!! :)