Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday, Monday.....

Is it seriously Monday already? I can't believe how fast the weekend flew by! Maybe it was because we were super busy on Saturday? Cort had her last cheerleading/basketball game. After the game we took her out to eat, came home and took her for a long walk. It was almost 50 degrees and sunny on Saturday! Sunday was a stay at home, get caught up on laundry, cook a nice Sunday dinner, kind of day. I made the most delicious homemade mac n cheese to go with our steaks! Anything with bleu cheese is a winner in my book! YUM!

Since I am pretty sure you didn't come here to find out what I had for dinner last night....... : ) Let's move on to my card shall we? LOL!

I used this adorable baby set from JustRite......unfortunately it is discontinued! Bummer! I have no idea why I was in the mood to make a baby card. I'm not having a baby. My sisters aren't having babies. I only know one person who is pregnant. Guess she'll be getting this card then! : )

I colored the shoes with my Copics, cut them out, applied Crystal Effects, and added teeny pearls to the buckles.

The sentiment was stamped with Brown Momento ink, cut out with my oval Spellbinders, and while the brass template was in place, I used my airbrush. I used a doilie for the background because it was soft enough not to compete with the image, but pretty enough to add some visual interest. As a finishing touch, I wrapped some Papertrey twine around the card, through the sentiment, and tied a button to it. I also added a tiny Prima flower with a pearl in its center.

Hope your Monday is a great one!!! : )

14 comments:

Stef H said...

oh i love it. the color is awesome. not quite pink, not quite orange - absolutely gorgeous!

looks like spring is on its way to illinois!!! wouldn't that be nice - lol.

Hearts Turned said...

Beautiful card, Michele! Love what you did to those baby shoes--adorable!

Hope your day is wonderful even though it's Monday!

Margie Higuchi said...

Happy Monday! (trying to sound positive, did it work?! LOL!!)

Just popping in to say that this card is precious! Love all the details of the embellies!

Have a great day - conquer the world, Michele!!! xo

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like a Great weekend and OH My I need that recipe for the Mac and Cheese...love Bleu!!!

The card is just stunning...what great colors!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous week!!!

Crystal said...

WOW Michele what a GORGEOUS design!!!! What a beautiful baby card...LOVE this!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a precious baby card. I especially like the way you made the frame with the sentiment to show off the little shoes.

Anonymous said...

Oooooohhh... LOVE this Michele!

Allison Rankin said...

Such a pretty and soft color palette...love the lace!

Marcy said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Michele! I love the delicate details and the colors!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous michele! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Alex said...

It's beautiful Michele, love the soft feel of this!!! Glad to hear you had a nice weekend, maybe Spring is finally coming! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Regina Easter said...

OH MY HOW ADORABLE MICHELE...HUGS

Jessy Christopher said...

Beautifully made!! Love it!

Austina said...

a friend of mine on facebook recommended your blog to me since card making is a hobby of mine. your cards are by far the most beautiful i've ever seen!! this one really struck home since i have a little girl (now 2.5 yo). i wish i could have just half the talent that you have with your skills. i'm so happy that my friend found your site! just looking at your cards make me all warm and fuzzy. will definitely be checking your blog on a daily basis. :D