Monday, June 15, 2009

Nifty Fifty!

Awhile back my BIL turned 50, so I wanted to make him a specialized birthday card. I used JustRite's Demi Phrases and number set for this card. I also used my Nestibilities and airbrush system to give the center a bit of color. The swirl is a Quickutz die. I wanted it to have some sparkle, so I used a black spica pen.

After looking at this card again, I realized it sort of looks like a Mickey Mouse card doesn't it? : )

Just a quick post today, I need to take advantage of this rare 80 degree sunny day. The rest of the week it is supposed to rain.......errrrrrgggghhhh!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool card! I wouldn't have thought Mickey until you mentioned it:) LOL

Jocelyn said...

Love this and love the colors!!! Enjoy your day! :)

Rose Ann said...

This is wonderful, Michele!! I love the colors, swirls, and star!! The JR image is a perfect choice!!

Alex said...

Great guy card Michele - love the colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stef H said...

this is super. the colors are fabulous for 50 and that swirl is awesome.

hugs,

Kate said...

I actually really love this card! I am obsessed with the glittered swirl and love how you represented the "50". The design is very neat and well put together! Great Job!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

I don't see Mickey at all in this card! But I do love the contrast of red and black together. Very sweet and simple, gotta love that for sure.

Tracey said...

A fabulous card Michele! I'm sure your bil loved it!

kathleenh said...

Cute card-can I say that if it's for a guy? I always love red, black, and white together and I love that bold swirl.

Nan Beyer said...

Very cool! I just cracked into my Just Rite Stamp kit (I know FINALLY!!!) and I used it on the back of my ATCs! YEA! It so works WELL!!!