Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thanks Mom....

I am lucky enough to have 3 mothers, and 2 grandmothers in my life. So I have a couple more Mother's Day cards to show you. ( It is pretty typical of me to be late on just about everything.....just ask my family!) This card was for my mom. I created it using the Just Rite set called Favorite Occasions and Borders. I used my Nesties for the scalloped circles and did some Copic coloring. I have been on a sewing kick lately......just on my cards though! No clothing has ever touched my sewing machine! I used K & Company's Wild Raspberry line and a Papertrey ribbon.


*** Guess what my day consists of tomorrow? Taking a field trip to "Robert Crown." They teach the students about puberty and the reproductive system. oh yea. I think I feel a cold coming on......cough! Cough! LOL! Aren't' ya feeling a bit jealous of me about now? : )

It is stormy here and we are under a tornado watch.....so I guess I should shut down my computer for the night! Have a great night and Thursday!

13 comments:

dianna said...

Oh...those cards are beautiful*!*

That cough does NOT sound good....you shouldn't chance it...

Riet said...

Wowwww Michele,what a beautiful card,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Jocelyn said...

I think your cough sounds worse....maybe just one day off to get back on your feet :) The card is just stunning, as always!!! have Terrific Tursday!

Amy Johnson said...

This is so sweet and pretty. I love the colors/papers, and I really love the all the Nesties. Have fun on your 'trip' today. LOL!

Darlene said...

This card is gorgeous Michele! Love the papers you've used and the focus circle is awesome! I'm sure Mom loved it!!

The Mama Monkey said...

These colors are just stunning together! Love that paper!!

Yeah...I taught HS for a year. Being that I taught vo-tech for Certified Nurse Assisting, we had to cover those units as well. The questions I got asked were over the top! Wowza! Times have changed, my friend!

Allison Rankin said...

What a brilliant mix of papers! That image is super sweet showcased in this layout!

Regina Easter said...

lucky you michele with all those mothers...your cards are beautiful

Anonymous said...

what a stunning card and a lucky mom....

Ivypink said...

Awe! I had such good intentions for mothers day cards
But I swear my creativity left me & I gave her
A store bought card Instead. ;( I love the pattern paper!
I totally remeber my Robert crown visit! Yikes seems like
That was a billion years ago ;)

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Hope you fair the weather well. I am such a sissy when it comes to tornadoes.

Beautiful card and very creative. I love the stitching and the different papers.

Take care,
~nance

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Michele!! I love the patterned papers, and your pearl accents!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - those papers are so pretty together and with that imgae! :)