Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No Layers Challenge!

If you regularly visit my blog, you will know that I like a lot of "stuff" on my cards! Layers, layers, layers, embellishments, embellishments, embellishments! So when given the challenge in the Crafty Secret's Forum at SCS, to create a card with only ONE layer..........I thought....IMPOSSIBLE! ME?! But I like a challenge as much as the next gal.....so I created this.

I used my Nesties to emboss the square around the image for a bit of depth. The image is by Crafty Secret's and is called, The Story of Me. It was colored using Prismas and Gamsol. I did distress the edges and round the corners. The ribbon is by Papertrey Ink.

I was pretty pleased with the results.....if I do say so myself!
Hoping all of you have a wonderful Wednesday!

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

A fabulous card!!! I too put alot on my cards.What a challenge and you did an amazing job!!

Amy said...

I can see why you like it, it's fabulous Michele! Your coloring is amazing....hugs!

Unknown said...

Gasp! This is stunning! I love every detail!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH is this gorgeous! I LOVE it!

Darlene said...

What an awesome idea Michele ... this is PERFECT!! LOVE your coloring on this image ... really brings focus to our little guy!!! Sweet, sweet card!!

Anonymous said...

You've ouotdone yourself, Michelle. You realize of course I'm going to have to case this even if I don't own that precious PRECIOUS image. Your color blending is sensational. Sigh....my heart is calling out for that image....

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I have never seen that stamp before but he is so cute! Well done!

Vicki G said...

This is Gorgeous~~~~

Oh my goodness, there must be a run on one layer cards this week.........I am hosting a pink cat challenge and that is what I chose and I also saw another challenge on Stamp Owls Blog for a similar type of challenge.............that is hilarious........

I LOVE everything that you did with this card!

Vicki

Rose Ann said...

Fabulous no-layer card, Michele!! Your coloring is amazing, and I love your embossed frame!!

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Michele! Well done on the challenge!

Marlou McAlees said...

awwwww, Michelle!! this is soooo sweet!! ♥♥

pescbrico said...

This is a really great card I agree!

Anonymous said...

Girl...you have some kinda talent here...this is just a great image of coloring :)

Kathleen said...

What a great card! Your coloring is fantastic! Lessons??? :)

Pam said...

Beautiful Michele, I love the idea of no layer cards, but, I never do them. Maybe I need to play in the challenge!

Chrissy D said...

Oh my goodness! I love this image and your card showcases it beautifully!

Marisa said...

This came out absolutely beatiful. Love you coloring.

Marisa

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Michele - beautiful coloring!! :)