Saturday, November 24, 2007

Old World Santa

I love the Christmas set from Crafty Secrets. The paper is from Cosmo Cricket. There is a bit of sparkly brown paper that was punched with Martha Stewart's border punch. The image was colored with my Copics. I added flocking to his beard and then "dirtied" it up with a brown dauber. The ribbon is from my vintage stash.

*** Many of you asked me how I cuttlebugged the note card set. I simply put the folder on top of the card and ran it through my Sizzix machine. It didn't leave an indentation around the folder at all. Maybe with a different machine it would, I'm not sure. Try it and let me know if it works for you!

And thank you for all the kind comments concerning my daughter. It really means a lot to me that people care so much. Especially since most of you come to look at cards and such.....so from the bottom of my heart.....THANK YOU!!!

20 comments:

Shabbychick Junk said...

Hiya girlfriend! Just checking in to say THANK YOU, I got the awesome surprise you sent! HOW COOL! YOU ROCK!

Jen said...

Wow that is a beautiful card. I love the vintage looking Santa's. Anyone who receives that incredible christmas card will be overjoyed.

Marlou McAlees said...

Michelle, fab card, as always, your beautiful work!!! :) xx thanks for tip but its cuttlebug machine i have :)

emilia in Taiwan said...

I love the "dirt" up which made the card look old! Great card

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a pretty card, hope you had a Wonderful Thanksgiving

CreativeJanine said...

I just discovered your blog and promptly added it to my Google Reader list. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Another stunner! I love the colors you picked, your combos always look so good. I should do more "dirtying" on my cards, they're always so prim and proper!

~Jules~ said...

I JUST LOVE THIS CARD!!!!
The vintage style is just awesome!

sophia landry said...

This is beautiful! I just love your coloring and the extras you added like the flocking. You really are going to town with the crafty secrets, and it looks awsome!

Andrea, said...

Such a beautiful card

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a gorgeous card!

Tracy.H said...

So beautiful! I love the color combo too!! :0)

Unknown said...

Love this! The santa is too cool.
Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving with the kiddos, talk to ya this week.

Anonymous said...

Wow, so gorgeous!!

Michelle said...

Michele, this is gorgeous! I love that Santa image - so vintage, so elegant.

Rose Ann said...

I love your Old World Stanta!! So vintage and beautiful!

Debbie Olson said...

Love your vintage Santa--so classic!
Debbie Olson

Annie said...

I've been using the cuttlebug embossing folders with my sizzix machine too - they work really well. Love the card.

Kirsi said...

Oi, lovely vintage santa!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Absolutely stunning!

:-)