Friday, June 8, 2007

Summer Flower Card!


I have been playing with my Cricut's Mini Monograms cartridge. This cartridge has the capabilities to make scalloped squares and circles from 1 inch all the way to 5 1/2 inches! I really love this! The punches are great but somewhat limiting! I used Die Cuts With a View paper for the background. The polka dot paper is Doodlebug and the pink solid paper is SU! I Cuttlebugged it! (See how I made that into a verb?) I had this very old tulip stamp from SU! I colored it with my Prisma colored pencils and mineral spirits. and added some crystal lacquer and dazzling diamonds.
By the way, I have been asked to be a part of a Design Team for Regina Easter, from Hand to Paper! She is the expert at using the Cricut and was looking for people to help create projects using this amazing machine! So check out her new blog entitled" Bitten by the Bug!" I will be creating for this really soon!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You've got such great talent! You desrve to be on many design teams!

Alhambra Club said...

Congratulations, I have visited Regina's new blog Bitten by the Bug, like you she is very talented. Can't wait to see all the wonderful projects you both come up with. This should incent me to use mine more often. Love the card now I wish I had the Mini Monogram cartridge, what a great way to get those scalloped circles and squares.

Libby Hickson said...

This card is so cute! Congrats on teh design team, you definitely deserve it! I've been trying not to be interested in a Cricut, but what you said about the scallops is really awesome, and now if you'll be showing more and more stuff being on this design team... uh oh, I'm in trouble... :-)

Corie said...

Congrats on the design team. Love this card.

Tracy.H said...

Congrats on being a design team member! How exciting. Can't wait to see your new creations!

Love the card...really like the main background too!

emilia in Taiwan said...

Congratulations! So happy to hear this :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How exciting! This is a GREAT card!!

~Jules~ said...

WOW!!!What a beautiful card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable! Absolutely!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a great thing for you! Love your card too! :)

Jill said...

Very cute card! The little touch of sparkle is just perfect! Also, congratulations to you! Love your stuff.

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so pretty! I love those colors, and all your special touches!!

Congratulations on joining another design team! I will have to check out Regina's blog.

Heather P. said...

This card is too cute! I love the colors, it's such a fun card. I have Mini-Monograms too and never realized you could make scalloped circles and squares... :)

Congrats on the new Design Team! I love your style!

Sherrie said...

congrats on your design team! Love the glittery little tulip!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on the design team! I love your work, and this card makes me want to run and get a Cricut. Wow!

Jami Speidel said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the use of ribbon and the colors of paper! Congratulations on being chosen for another design team! You rock!!!

Memories of Time said...

Oh, this is just divine!! And, congratulations on the design teams! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new team, that card is great!