Friday, May 18, 2007

Tuscan Rose Design



I've been on a roll with cards lately and decided to play some more with my Tuscan Rose goodies! I really love these flourishes and had this brainstorm to emboss them clear and brayer over it. My first attempt I chose some hideous green and YUCK, it went right into the garbage...bye bye glossy paper scrap! I tried again with the Regal Rose from SU! I liked it much better! Then I discovered that the butterflies, also from Tuscan Rose, matched perfectly! I wanted it to have that shabby feel so I found some really old paper....probably from the 90's if you can believe it...by Tracy Porter! OK maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it is pretty old paper that I've had laying around awhile! It matched! I cut strips and inked the edges with Chocolate Brown. I used my Cuttlebug ribbon slide die cut and slid the Tracy Porter paper through it. I had this round sentiment by I don't know who.....Added some ribbon and this card was finished! I was pleased with how it came out....and my husband was glad I didn't use black...he hates when I use black on my cards!




DON'T FORGET WHEN I REACH 5,000 I WILL OFFER SOME NEW BLOG CANDY!!!!! Keep checking in!

16 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

Beeeeeeeee--utiful card!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Love this gorgeous dream of pink!!!

M!ssPr!ssy said...

ooohh I like. I wish I could put paper together like this. It takes me forever to decide on what I like so then I go for plain.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

wow! I love your work!! and this card is soooooo beautiful!!! TFS!

Have a nice day!

Bety:)

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards! When can I scrap with you?

Rose Ann said...

So beautiful...and I love the papers and butterflies! Gorgeous card!

Soguesswhat11 said...

WOW, that is so beautiful! Love this card!!

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful!! I love those butterflies! TFS

Anonymous said...

Michele this is beautiful! I am glad you clicked on my blog link cause now I am seeing your blog!!! You do FINE work!!!

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

OOOO! I love that card and those stamps! Thanks for the link!

Shabbychick Junk said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! You rock, MS Tuscan Rose! :)

Sherrie said...

very pretty result, glad to know you toss things too, you never know till you try! Love the chic look of this!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a great card! Love the different patterns!

Swamp Tulip said...

Great job with this card. I just love the look.

Teresa

Swamp Tulip said...

Great job with this card. I just love the look.

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Are you submitting your cards to the card magazines? You really should be.