Thursday, May 10, 2007

Another TUSCAN ROSE card!


I really love the flourishes stamp by Tuscan Rose! They are so versatile and pretty! For some reason one of the flourishes reminded me of clouds! So then I got to thinking that I had a Sizzix fence die cut. I also just bought the "weathered" SU! background stamp! I stamped the flourish in Versamark on the blue paper and embossed it with white embossing powder. I stamped the "weathered" stamp on my brown paper, then die cut it. I inked it with the daubers in chocolate ink. I couldn't make up my mind what color green I should go with for the grass. I changed it 3 TIMES! I ended up with this paper from Basic Grey. I cut some "grass" and placed it in several places to give it depth. I cut out the beautiful butterflies from Tuscan Rose's collage sheets! I used pop dots to adhere them on the fence! The sky looked too stark so I added some white ink with the daubers. It gave the puffy cloud look! (Obviously, not the scientific name!) The card size was 7x 6 inches cut, and fits in a bill sized envelope!


My Design team members have also been creating beautiful cards for Tuscan Rose! Check out Erika Martin's and Kelly Sampson's blog to see their fantastic cards!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this, so looks like clouds...Genius!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! You rock!

M!ssPr!ssy said...

I love this card. Both my daughters are in the spa industry so was thinking of getting this one.

Kelly A. Battles said...

Wow . . . this is really a great card. Your design is just awesome. I like how "eclectic" this card turned out. You're inspiring me to get going with some new cards myself. Hopefully soon I'll get something new posted! :)

Rose Ann said...

What a cool way to use the flourishes! I love your little scene!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh this is lovely!! :)